develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2011

Re: Smoke [5.13.11] v5.13.11-190-g5da6b59 FAIL(F) openbsd 4.8 (i386/1 cpu)

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
April 20, 2011 14:37
Re: Smoke [5.13.11] v5.13.11-190-g5da6b59 FAIL(F) openbsd 4.8 (i386/1 cpu)
Message ID:
BANLkTinbOWXfOfC0_F=QV+n9_JtvVshQiA@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ugh, portable signal handling really does suck balls. I really don't
> have the time to look deeply into this right now, but I would suggest
> someone to port the test in question to C (should be fairly
> straightforward) and try to run it. If that also doesn't work either
> it's the OS that's at fault. My experience with OpenBSD and POSIXy
> stuff has been to assume that it doesn't work until there's proof of
> the opposite :-(. straceing (or whatever OpenBSD uses for that) may
> also provide insights on whether the signal really doesn't arrive or
> that something else happens.

On second thought, lets try something different. At this moment it
doesn't matter if it's broken or not but if it's a regression or not.
If it isn't then let's not care until 5.15. Can anyone with access to
OpenBSD test if the sniplet Dave posted earlier works on a threaded
perl 5.12/5.10. If it does work we probably have a regression…

Leon