develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2011

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
April 14, 2011 12:53
BANLkTintXmVBQ8GTZVDqjtJK3bzqtVS=cw@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de> wrote:
> That would be awesome.
>
> Something like this is already doable with `tie` of course. It’s
> just terribly slow. I presume Variable::Magic would be faster?
> (It doesn’t have to do method dispatch after all.)

I've seen cases where Variable::Magic was an order of magnitude faster
than ties, though it also depends on what you're doing. An efficient
Sentinel may want to avoid the fetching when possible.

Leon