develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2011

Re: 2 problems with 5.13.11/win32 behind a proxy

From:
David Golden
Date:
April 1, 2011 06:58
Re: 2 problems with 5.13.11/win32 behind a proxy
Message ID:
AANLkTimm=3F7RSbwBFDVFPUj6=xHZ9Fj_hb2Joo+CZHO@mail.gmail.com
2011/4/1 Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** <vadim.konovalov@alcatel-lucent.com>:

Thank you for the bug report.  What Win32 perl are you running?  From

> Here 2 things bother me:
> ALERT: 'make' is an essential tool for building perl Modules.
>
> This message is bogus, because I use well-supported 'nmake'.
>
> D:\>perl -V:make
> make='nmake';

Where is nmake in your path?  If you compile with this as "nmake.exe"
does it give the same error?

> Then, 'internal error' of HTTP::Tiny also bothers me, which is probably due to content of my http_proxy variable.
> To say, this proxy variable works perfectly well in 'wget'.

If you make it a proper URL with a full scheme, does it work? E.g.
http://proxy-spb.netsec.alcatel.fr:8080/

> Then, following message is displayed:
>
> Proxy authentication needed!
>  (Note: to permanently configure username and password run
>   o conf proxy_user your_username
>   o conf proxy_pass your_password
>     )
> Username:
>
> this is also bogus, because my proxy does not actually require authentication, and entering empty user name and password just works.

That's probably spurious based on the failure of the proxy -- possibly
CPAN is guessing the failure is due to lack of authentication.  Again,
if you use the full URL for the proxy, do you get this or not?
(Either way it sounds like a CPAN bug)

Regards,
David