develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2011

Re: [perl #76546] regex engine slowdown bug

From:
David Leadbeater
Date:
April 1, 2011 01:58
Re: [perl #76546] regex engine slowdown bug
Message ID:
20110401085752.GA536@babylon.otherwize.co.uk
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 03:05:52AM -0700, Alex Efros via RT wrote:
[..]
> P.S. I hope one lucky day we'll find libre2 support in perl, using some
> pragma to switch between current perl regexp engine and libre2 - they
> are mostly compatible, but libre2 guarantee constant execution time and
> I'm really tired of regexps which at some moment decide to spend few
> minutes for execution instead of nanoseconds.

Not wanting to hijack this bug's thread but see
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?re::engine::RE2 (feel free to let me
know if you have issues).