What to do about updating copyrighted pods

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
March 29, 2011 17:38
Subject:
What to do about updating copyrighted pods
Message ID:
4D927B52.5030509@khwilliamson.com
I'm updating a pod by Jarkko copyright 2001-2002.  It seems to me that
the copyright date should be updated as well.  It's only an update, not
a re-write, and I have no particular desire to have my name added as an
author.  Can p5p be an author?  It also doesn't seem right to just
change the date when jhi wasn't involved.  What to do?