Re: MakeMaker 6.57_07 (release candidate 0)

From:
Christian Walde
Date:
March 25, 2011 05:54
Re: MakeMaker 6.57_07 (release candidate 0)
Message ID:
op.vswgr11g1fclwf@xenpad
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 04:59:38 +0100, Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/Perl-Toolchain-Gang/ExtUtils-MakeMaker/tree/v6.57_07
>
> A new ExtUtils::MakeMaker alpha has been released, 6.57_07.  This is
> effectively release candidate 0 for 6.58.  There has been a lot of change
> since the last alpha and far more since the last stable.
>
> Please load it into your smokers and whatnot and help test it out.

Quick warning: Installing this broke my 5.10 smoker.

C:\Perl>perl -MCPAN::Reporter::Smoker -e "start()"
dualvar is only available with the XS version of Scalar::Util at C:\Perl\lib/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Perl\lib/Compress/Zlib.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/site/lib/CPAN/Reporter/Smoker.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/site/lib/CPAN/Reporter/Smoker.pm line 25.
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

I'm still in the process of investigating and reproducing this problem.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde