Re: [perl #38456] The :crlf PerlIO layer doesn't like the :encoding layer.

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
March 25, 2011 05:19
Re: [perl #38456] The :crlf PerlIO layer doesn't like the :encoding layer.
Message ID:
AANLkTikW1S94prLTzQc9P=TJGUA0T=qAnBtvXSzkLKTC@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 6:43 AM, Father Chrysostomos via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> On Thu Jan 20 15:04:30 2011, LeonT wrote:
>> I've attached a possible fix for this bug. The patch is relative to my
>> patches for #82484 but it doesn't depend on it.
>>
>> Currently, if a «:crlf» layer is given it will first try to (re)enable
>> any crlf layer it can find or else push itself on the stack. This can
>> lead to data corruption. In this patch I've changed it to only check the
>> topmost layer.
>>
>> Testing it would be very welcome, in particular on Windows (not my
> habitat).
>>
>> Leon
>
> Thank you. I have just applied this as 7826b36. Let’s see whether it
> breaks Windows. :-)

Comment and documentation updates with regard to the previous patch.
No code changes.

Leon