[perl #85842] Changes to PERLIOBUF_DEFAULT_BUFSIZ break blead on FreeBSD

From:
Tom Hukins
Date:
March 10, 2011 09:45
Subject:
[perl #85842] Changes to PERLIOBUF_DEFAULT_BUFSIZ break blead on FreeBSD
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-4136-1299769245-1962.85842-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Tom Hukins
# Please include the string:  [perl #85842]

Porters,

I tried building blead on FreeBSD 8.2 yesterday but failed due to a
problem I have bisected to:
http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commit/b83080de5c4254
(Increase PERLIOBUF_DEFAULT_BUFSIZ to larger of 8192 and BUFSIZ)

The problem manifests itself as the test t/io/eintr.t freezing after the
fifth test with the process in the "pipdwc" state.

If I explicitly set PERLIOBUF_DEFAULT_BUFSIZ to 4096 as described in the
commit message, this test passes and I can build perl successfully.

I'm happy to provide more information on request or run any commands
that might offer useful insight.

Tom