From:
Christian Walde
Date:
March 5, 2011 13:21
op.vrv2xhag1fclwf@xenpad
On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 20:28:51 +0100, brian d foy <brian.d.foy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you miss the point of best practice. Outside of a started
> context, you can't say what is best, good, not optimal, or anything
> else. There is no way to compare anything when you don't know what the
> task is, and pretending everyone else in the world has the same goals,
> constraints, or resources as you is dishonest.

This makes me wonder about just what a "best practice" is. So far i took it to mean "behavior that is better than other related behaviors in more situations". But you seem to say it means "behavior that is better than all other related behaviors in all situations". I'm not sure i'm reading you right there, but i'm wondering.

Would you mind elaborating on just what a "best practice" is?

--
With regards,
Christian Walde