From:
brian d foy
Date:
March 5, 2011 11:28
050320111328511816%brian.d.foy@gmail.com
In article <20110305000743.21677.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com>,
Peter Scott <Peter@PSDT.com> wrote:

> Look at it this way.  Is the best practice to use some other framework, if
> so, which one?  Is the best practice to use *no* framework?

I think you miss the point of best practice. Outside of a started
context, you can't say what is best, good, not optimal, or anything
else. There is no way to compare anything when you don't know what the
task is, and pretending everyone else in the world has the same goals,
constraints, or resources as you is dishonest.

Beyond that, until something is tried widely and its consequences are
know, you can't say anything is a best practice.

People might want Moose to be a best practice, and people who write
documentation may wish it were so, but that doesn't allow any of us to
skip the careful analysis and deep thought it should take to elevate it
to an actual best practice. Why are so many past best practices out of
favor now? No one relly thought about both sides of the issue, and no
one required anyone else to be intellectually rigorous and honst about
it.