Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
March 4, 2011 22:49
Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)
Message ID:
7dbd0d39-ed0d-4a59-98f8-54bf0373baa2@email.android.com

demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 4 March 2011 06:17, brian d foy <brian.d.foy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With some changes to Pod::Perldoc, we can support the hierarchy with
>> the old names as a deprecation cycle:
>>
>>     $ perldoc5.16 perlsyn
>>     Warning: perlsyn is now syntax, use `perldoc syntax`
>
>I hope we don't ever stop supporting the old names.

I'd be thrilled to see a massive doc naming cleanup for 5.16.

There is no reason for us not to support the traditional names forever or to teach perldoc to whine at programmers who use the old names, even if we stop advertising them.