Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
March 4, 2011 12:49
Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)
Message ID:
20063.1299271697@chthon
> But what happens with this:

> $ man 3 open
> open(3pm)              Perl Programmers Reference Guide
> open(3pm)

Since we already have to differentiate between...

    man 2 open
    man 3 open

...one merely elects a different section for 3pf.

I had thought the pm* tools were long generally
available.   My own file dates on them are antemillennial.
It's probably the "we hates programmesses" CPAN bug.

Perldoc is just a dodgy band-aide for prisoners of Bill.
It's not at all as good as Unix-style tools, as I believe
I have demonstrated.  It holds nothing for me.

--tom