Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a newOO tutorial)

From:
Matt Sergeant
Date:
March 4, 2011 10:48
Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a newOO tutorial)
Message ID:
4D7133EE.2050602@sergeant.org
H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:02:54 +0100, Abigail<abigail@abigail.be>  wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 10:56:37AM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>>
>>> I also think we should consider writing the docs assuming they will be
>>> mostly viewed on the web,
>>>
>> Personally, I find that an almost alien thought.
>>
>> Why would anyone use a web interface for something that's already
>> there locally?
>>
> I almost NEVER use HTML presenters for perldoc. I use "man" 95% of the
> time and 4% the quick ref guide and 1% the books.
>
> So viewing from the web is a no-op for me.

The question is what do people new to perl want and expect these days? I
rather think gathering opinions here (me personally: 90% perldoc, 10%
search.cpan.org) is probably not the best place.

Matt.