Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)

From:
brian d foy
Date:
March 4, 2011 07:40
Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)
Message ID:
040320110940525789%brian.d.foy@gmail.com
In article
<AANLkTik9vTTVAuMist7y_8wwSpJVHoaYFgPuh7Rw_Vbh@mail.gmail.com>, Leon
Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:

> As I said before, perl's documentation is very much manpage-oriented,
> and one aspect of that is the perl prefix to almost all core docs.

To insert into "foreign" systems, I figured we could traverse our own
doc tree, add a "perl" on the front of each filename, and inject it
into man in the right place.

If you're talking about translating the Pod constructs to *roff, I say
we do the best we can and not worry about some ideas that *roff might
not be able to handle. We wouldn't cripple the man pages, but we
wouldn't let them hold back the pod either.