From:
Peter Scott
Date:
March 4, 2011 06:32
20110304143153.15792.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 20:34:27 +0100, Abigail wrote:
> Picking one technique and promoting it as *THE* way of doing objects (or
> anything) makes my skin crawl.

We don't have to do that.  The docs should be honest about what's so:

(1) The most commonly agreed best practice O-O framework is Moose.
    Here's how to use it.
(2) A best practice is not the only practice.
(3) Some people pick alternatives because x, y, z (including legacy).
(4) What's going on under the hood (reference material) is: ...

The only part of the scenario that makes my skin crawl is how many
modules we'd have to add to the core to insert Moose.  Because it would
be insulting and/or inconsistent for core documentation to recommend a
*best* practice that couldn't be implemented without a CPAN sojourn.

--
Peter Scott