Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
March 4, 2011 05:19
Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)
Message ID:
AANLkTik9vTTVAuMist7y_8wwSpJVHoaYFgPuh7Rw_Vbh@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 6:17 AM, brian d foy <brian.d.foy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of this begs for a bit more structure. We don't do much with X<>,
> and it would be nice to have structured info that comes out of X<> or
> L<> or maybe something new ( R<reference>? ) that allows us to make
> that map as part of building perl.

As I said before, perl's documentation is very much manpage-oriented,
and one aspect of that is the perl prefix to almost all core docs. I
think it would be better if man is demoted to being one format among
equals (in theory that is already the case, in practice it doesn't
quite feel that way).

Leon