Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a newOO tutorial)

From:
Abigail
Date:
March 4, 2011 05:13
Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a newOO tutorial)
Message ID:
20110304131330.GE30220@almanda
On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 11:17:47PM -0600, brian d foy wrote:

> With some changes to Pod::Perldoc, we can support the hierarchy with
> the old names as a deprecation cycle:
>
>      $ perldoc5.16 perlsyn
>      Warning: perlsyn is now syntax, use `perldoc syntax`

Oh, that's a good candidate for hates-software.

People just seem to enjoy software that knows what they mean, but
isn't going to do it because one didn't use the right magic incantation.

Making "perldoc perlsyntax" and "perldoc syntax" do the same seems
fine to me.

Abigail