Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)

From:
demerphq
Date:
March 4, 2011 03:35
Re: Rethinking some perldocs (Re: Revising Perl's OO docs - a new OO tutorial)
Message ID:
AANLkTinS8gRuRzrBoRuNYKvTMVL7wUX9Cw7Xa2o4G_dd@mail.gmail.com
On 4 March 2011 06:17, brian d foy <brian.d.foy@gmail.com> wrote:
> With some changes to Pod::Perldoc, we can support the hierarchy with
> the old names as a deprecation cycle:
>
>     $ perldoc5.16 perlsyn
>     Warning: perlsyn is now syntax, use `perldoc syntax`

I hope we don't ever stop supporting the old names.

I don't mind renaming them provided we support the old names as
aliases: there is just too much documentation material, forms, and
emails out there for a total deprecation to be reasonable.

I can't imagine how many Perlmonks pages would be invalidated if we
dropped 'perlsyn'

cheers,
Yves