From:
Christian Walde
Date:
March 3, 2011 11:59
op.vrr9sm1o1fclwf@xenpad
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 20:54:21 +0100, Matt Sergeant <matt@sergeant.org> wrote:

> Tom Christiansen wrote:
>> What I would maily like is for the core to talk mainly about the core.
>>
>> I don't mind changing what core is.
>>
> BTW did I miss some reason the document suggests using parent.pm instead
> of base.pm? The docs for parent.pm suggest it is a fork of base.pm - is
> there a reason those changes shouldn't be merged back into base.pm?

As far as i understand it base comes with some extra features that bloat it up unnecessarily (fields) and are only very seldomly used.

parent removed those and thus simplified it to a module that concerns itself only with inheritance. As such a merging isn't really possible, as it'd need to remove features from base.

--
With regards,
Christian Walde