From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
March 3, 2011 11:38
14868.1299181110@chthon
>> I am betting that the "optimal" solution is to import some 'mungous CPAN
>> framework into the core distribution, trade TMTOWTDI in for TOOWTDI, and
>> tell people that this is now *THE* way that Thou Shalt Do Objects in Perl.

>To me perltoot and friends already suggest there's only one way to do
>it, and that's rolling out your own code by hand. From a TIMTOWTDI
>point of view I think perlootut is very much an improvement IMHO.

I have no problem with including some Big OO Framework in the core
distribution.  It's just that a document about something so fundamental
to the language as OO should not need to go outside the core to get
the overwhelming majority of its point across.

If the conclusion is that you should *not* do OO in Perl *without*
a Big OO Framework, then Perl has to have one of those in its core.

--tom