From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
March 3, 2011 11:07
2632.1299179216@chthon
Matt Sergeant <matt@sergeant.org> wrote

>> Please don't include anything in the standard distribution
>> that tells people they can't use the standard distribution.
>>
> perlfaq is full of this sort of advice though.

> I'm sure you have a distinction, but I'd be curious what it is.

It's exactly what Abigail said way back on Monday:

    I've only had time to briefly skim the document, but if I
    have to summarize the document, it seems to boil down to
    "Don't do objects yourself. Use something that doesn't come
    with Perl".

    Without further judging the content of the document,
    that just feels wrong.

    Not that I have much of a solution though.

It feels wrong because it *is* wrong.  You cannot tell people,
beginners especially, that they cannot use the Perl that came
with their distribution for OO programming.

That is not acceptable.

--tom