From:
Dave Rolsky
Date:
March 1, 2011 07:27
alpine.DEB.2.00.1103010926300.2213@urth.org
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Richard Foley wrote:

>>    perltoot - Tom's object-oriented tutorial for perl
>>    perltooc - Tom's OO Tutorial for Class Data in Perl
>>    perlboot - Beginner's Object-Oriented Tutorial
>>    perlbot - Bag o' Object Tricks (the BOT)
>>    perlobj - Perl objects
>>
> Definitely confusing.  A rewrite is a good idea, although I'm not sure
> replacing all 5 documents with a single one is the right way to go.  Taking
> the regex docs as a starting point might be an idea.
>
> 	perloo      - starting point + quick + reference to other docs.
> 	perlootut  - tutorial
> 	perlooref - reference
> 	perloosa - smart arse + clever tricks

I was not proposing to replace all of them. At a minimum, I think we need
a tutorial and a reference. The existing perlobj document is already a
reference, and I'd like to simply revise it, rather than replacing it.

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)