From:
Johan Vromans
Date:
February 28, 2011 14:43
m2mxlf93ve.fsf@phoenix.squirrel.nl
Abigail <abigail@abigail.be> writes:

> I've only had time to briefly skim the document, but if I have to summarize
> the document, it seems to boil down to "Don't do objects yourself. Use
> something that doesn't come with Perl".
>
> Without further judging the content of the document, that just feels wrong.

It's okay to point to some elegant OO modules on CPAN, but the document
should describe all the basics that are part of and implementable with
core Perl.

Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> writes:

> [...] but doing it all by hand like it's 1997 all over again feels
> significantly more wrong. Besides, the right answer to almost anything
> non-trivial in Perl is Ā«check CPAN firstĀ».

Many Perl documents describe algorithms and code that are better handled
in CPAN modules. The standard Perl documents describes core Perl, not
CPAN Perl.

-- Johan