From:
Bram
Date:
February 28, 2011 14:09
20110228230913.fbciwyljesko48gs@horde.wizbit.be
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:49:38 -0600 (CST), Dave Rolsky
<autarch@urth.org> wrote:

> I've been working on a new OO tutorial for Perl. This is part of a
> larger goal for the Perl docs to revise all of the existing OO
> documentation.
>
> My new document is available online for review:
>
>   http://urth.org/~autarch/new-pod/html/perlootut.pod.html
>   http://urth.org/~autarch/new-pod/pod/perlootut.pod

I'm going to ask some questions at the risk of starting a long thread:

Who is the 'primary target' of the documentation that is shipped with Perl?
a) novice users  OR
b) advanced users  OR
c) novice users and advanced users

Is it 'correct' to document something in core that is not shipped with core?
(Moose/Mouse/... are not shipped with core last time I checked)

What with the low level stuff of perltoot/perltooc/perlboot?
You're saying beginning users may not need them and/or might become
confused about them but what about advanced users that do understand
(and/or need) the information? Is all the information still available
in other pods?

Best regards,

Bram

Disclaimer-1: I only skimmed over your document and did not read it fully.
Disclaimer-2: I'm merley asking the question; I'm not expression an
opinion on what is right and wrong.