From:
Abigail
Date:
February 28, 2011 13:48
20110228214848.GA18751@almanda
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 02:49:38PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> I've been working on a new OO tutorial for Perl. This is part of a larger
> goal for the Perl docs to revise all of the existing OO documentation.
>
> My new document is available online for review:
>
>   http://urth.org/~autarch/new-pod/html/perlootut.pod.html
>   http://urth.org/~autarch/new-pod/pod/perlootut.pod
>
> This document has several goals. First, I want to introduce the reader to
> general OO concepts like classes and methods. Second, I want to explain
> how these are done in Perl. Finally, I want to get them started with
> writing OO code as quickly as possible.

I've only had time to briefly skim the document, but if I have to summarize
the document, it seems to boil down to "Don't do objects yourself. Use
something that doesn't come with Perl".

Without further judging the content of the document, that just feels wrong.

Not that I have much of a solution though.

Abigail