Re: C<use autodie> unravels C<use strict>

From:
Paul Fenwick
Date:
February 27, 2011 21:35
Re: C<use autodie> unravels C<use strict>
Message ID:
4D6B340C.5000701@perltraining.com.au
On 02/28/2011 01:48 AM, Tom Christiansen wrote:

> When you use autodie, you implicitly declare legal
> any scalar variable whose name matches that of any
> function it "fatalizes".

> Bug #2: *I* never imported Carp into main::,
>         so why am I being polluted by autodie??

Gah, stuck in the middle of the World's Longest Company Tax Return, but
neither of those are intended behaviour.

The Carp pollution is fixed in autodie 2.10 which is on the CPAN.  A quick
test reveals that the legalising of variable names seems to still be around.

My guess is that the Fatal::_install_subs() subroutine is to blame, but I'll
need to do some testing to find out for sure.

Many thanks for the report!

	Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf@perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/