Re: [perl #84680] POSIX::isdigit() returns 1 for the empty string

From:
Mark Overmeer
Date:
February 24, 2011 01:43
Re: [perl #84680] POSIX::isdigit() returns 1 for the empty string
Message ID:
20110224094245.GP24256@moon.overmeer.net
* Mark Overmeer (mark@overmeer.net) [110224 09:25]:
> * Robert Lang (perlbug-followup@perl.org) [110224 08:33]:

> The real way the implementation should be described is more like:
>     isdigit  Returns false if the string only contains digits.

Second attempt

   isdigit

       Returns true when all the bytes in the scalar are values in the
       digits range of the effective character-set. Does not respect
       the utf8 flag. Does not work with multi-byte character-sets.

I hope people will accept my (massive) patches to POSIX.pod for 5.14
--
Regards,

               MarkOv

       Mark@Overmeer.net                          solutions@overmeer.net