Re: use feature

From:
Zefram
Date:
February 21, 2011 13:37
Re: use feature
Message ID:
20110221213743.GK32693@lake.fysh.org
Tom Christiansen wrote:
>Is there any way for a version less than N to implement the features of
>version N?  What you've written suggests there might be.

It's conceivable, depending on the particular features involved, for
XS code to implement a language feature on an earlier core version.
The way we're making the parser extensible is making it a lot more
feasible than it was before.  We'd probably be able to implement
given/when in a module for 5.14 if it didn't already exist, and so
it's likely that any similar syntactic widget added in 5.16 will be
retrospectively available on 5.14.  Then you just need feature.pm to
cooperate in loading the modular implementation.

-zefram