Re: [rt.cpan.org #65284] Module broken with 5.13.x development perl versions

From:
David Golden
Date:
February 1, 2011 11:42
Re: [rt.cpan.org #65284] Module broken with 5.13.x development perl versions
Message ID:
AANLkTimecP8sCNLuk=tULSUjt89eJzactuzr5EY9=SDK@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:
>> The least harmful option would be to change base.pm, IMNSHO.  The
>> next least harmful is WONTFIX.  Under no circumstances should be
>> make a weird exception in version.pm for this, no matter how close
>> or distant we are from a release...
>
> I'm not yet at the point where I'm willing to take "make version.pm not
> choke on something that's been _documented behavior_ in the core since
> March, 1999" off the table.

I'd rather deprecate base.pm first and take *that* off the table.  :-)

-- David