develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2011

Re: Time to update POSIX.pm?

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
January 31, 2011 07:51
Re: Time to update POSIX.pm?
Message ID:
4D46DA35.2020600@khwilliamson.com

>> I do have one other matter to raise, with some trepidation:
>> If we're really mapping POSIX::lc() to CORE::lc(), isn't
>> that going to go through the full Unicode case-mapping, and
>> isn't that different from POSIX case-mapping? :(  [*DUCKS*]
>
> Just what I mean with "one-on-one mapping from POSIX to Perl" isn't
> correct. The current implementation is too limited, if feasible at
> all. Of course, it fitted better with "classic" Perl versions.

lc() only does full Unicode case mapping when use feature
'unicode_strings' is in effect.  When locale is in effect, it uses
locale mappings.  So I don't see a problem