develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2011

[perl #38456] The :crlf PerlIO layer doesn't like the :encoding layer.

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
January 27, 2011 21:44
Subject:
[perl #38456] The :crlf PerlIO layer doesn't like the :encoding layer.
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-20807-1296193433-877.38456-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jan 20 15:04:30 2011, LeonT wrote:
> I've attached a possible fix for this bug. The patch is relative to my
> patches for #82484 but it doesn't depend on it.
>
> Currently, if a «:crlf» layer is given it will first try to (re)enable
> any crlf layer it can find or else push itself on the stack. This can
> lead to data corruption. In this patch I've changed it to only check the
> topmost layer.
>
> Testing it would be very welcome, in particular on Windows (not my
habitat).

> Leon

Thank you. I have just applied this as 7826b36. Let’s see whether it
breaks Windows. :-)