develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2011

[perl #38456] The :crlf PerlIO layer doesn't like the :encoding layer.

From:
Leon Timmermans via RT
Date:
January 21, 2011 05:40
Subject:
[perl #38456] The :crlf PerlIO layer doesn't like the :encoding layer.
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-5425-1295564670-1500.38456-15-0@perl.org
I've attached a possible fix for this bug. The patch is relative to my
patches for #82484 but it doesn't depend on it.

Currently, if a «:crlf» layer is given it will first try to (re)enable
any crlf layer it can find or else push itself on the stack. This can
lead to data corruption. In this patch I've changed it to only check the
topmost layer.

Testing it would be very welcome, in particular on Windows (not my habitat).

Leon