develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2011

Re: genmake mention from perlembed.pod is bogus

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
January 14, 2011 16:11
Re: genmake mention from perlembed.pod is bogus
Message ID:
20110115001143.GA3889@puppy

On Sat  8.Jan'11 at 19:16:27 +0100, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** wrote:
> Hi,
>
> perldoc perlembed reads:
>
> The ExtUtils::Embed kit on CPAN ships with a script called genmake,
> which generates a simple makefile to build a program from a single C
> source file. It can be used like this:
>
>  C:\ExtUtils-Embed\eg> perl genmake interp.c
>
> I fail to find this "genmake" anywhere - ExtUtils-Embed-1.14 on CPAN is rather old and does not contain it, and ExtUtils::Embed from perl distribution does not contain it either.

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/DOUGM/ExtUtils-Embed-1.14/genmake looks
to be it.