develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2010

the upcoming release of 5.12.3

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
December 31, 2010 06:42
Subject:
the upcoming release of 5.12.3
Message ID:
20101231144241.GA27055@cancer.codesimply.com

My hope is to release 5.12.3 no later than January 14.  The recent weather in
the northeastern states scrambled a lot of my plans, but I'm recovering and
hope to be back to normal very soon.

I expect I'll request a freeze on maint 24 hours before the release, but given
the general stability of maint, that shouldn't be a big problem.

Instead, please consider what backports may be critical but not yet applide.
Committers, please look through cherrymaint.  Also, *please* consider testing
the current state of maint with your code.  The chances of problems, at this
point, seem very very low, but who wants surprises from a maint release?
Nobody, that's who.

Thanks, and expect further updates in the next few days.

--
rjbs