develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2010

Re: Current Issues with perlipc.pod - should they be fixed?

From:
karl williamson
Date:
December 4, 2010 08:10
Re: Current Issues with perlipc.pod - should they be fixed?
Message ID:
4CFA67CA.8020904@khwilliamson.com
demerphq wrote:
> I bet there is a cuneiform tablet out there in some deseret somewhere
> basically saying "These upstart kids have no respect and no clue"....
> :-)

I hope that I will not otherwise be drawn to commenting on this thread
other than to confirm that indeed, in the earliest known writing,
Sumerian, (at least as of when I heard about this 50 years ago) that a
common theme was that the world was in precipitous decline.  (Another
that I remember was kids at boarding school writing home about missing
mom's cooking in comparison with the awful stuff they were getting fed
there.)