develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2010

[perl #20661] Constant strings representing a number can BECOME numbers

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
October 4, 2010 12:26
Subject:
[perl #20661] Constant strings representing a number can BECOME numbers
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-6656-1286220383-826.20661-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Feb 12 14:13:32 2003, perl5-porters@ton.iguana.be wrote:
> It probably only matters in the cases where the behaviour of string
> and number differ, which is only the bitops I think. Since these are
> known
> for their iffy behaviour, how about just doing the constant upgrade in
> general, *except* when involved in a bitop ? If someone writes
> $var & "0", he probably *cares*.

Commit b20c4ee1f stops bitops from coercing read-only arguments.