develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2010

Re: Compiling perl with sfio from libast

From:
ольга крыжановская
Date:
October 1, 2010 09:06
Re: Compiling perl with sfio from libast
Message ID:
AANLkTimHSgiaTxB8wbjArD+hk8iGXxvWKKfb_tisfDJi@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Steve Peters <steve@fisharerojo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Josh Hurst <joshhurst@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear perl porters,
>> has anyone managed to compile perl-5.13.5.tar.gz with sfio from
>> libast? libast is a super set of libsfio and contains the same sfio
>> functions but uses /usr/lib/libast.so.1 instead of
>> /usr/lib/libsfio.so.1 and /usr/include/ast instead of
>> /usr/include/sfio.
>> I modified the configure script to use libast instead of libsfio and
>> added -I/usr/include/ast to the default include path (because the
>> perlio code looks for <sfio.h> instead of <sfio/sfio.h>) but calling
>> make failed with this error on Solaris 11 with the Sun Studio
>> compiler:
>> `sh  cflags "optimize='-O'" util.o`  util.c
>>         CCCMD =  /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -I/usr/include/ast -last
>> -DPERL_CORE -c  -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
>> -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV  -O
>> "perlio.h", line 73: warning: macro redefined: ftell
>> "perlio.h", line 77: warning: macro redefined: fseek
>> "nostdio.h", line 110: warning: macro redefined: _filbuf
>> "util.c", line 1399: undefined symbol: dSAVED_ERRNO
>> "util.c", line 1406: undefined symbol: saved_errno
>> "util.c", line 1490: warning: statement not reached
>> "util.c", line 1524: warning: statement not reached
>> "util.c", line 1635: warning: statement not reached
>> "util.c", line 1977: warning: implicit function declaration: _ast_unsetenv
>> "util.c", line 1984: warning: implicit function declaration: _ast_putenv
>> "util.c", line 4292: warning: implicit function declaration: _ast_strftime
>> cc: acomp failed for util.c
>> *** Error code 2
>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `util.o'
>>
>> Has anyone compiled perl5 with sfio recently? Is anyone familiar with
>> building perl5 and sfio? Can anyone please try to build perl5 with
>> libast?
>>
>> Josh
>>

> I did smoke test some runs of OpenBSD with sfio, but that might have been
> four years ago when that PC shuffled off this mortal coil.  I don't recall
> anyone trying to compile Perl in the meantime with AST.  You wouldn't happen
> to have the configure flags that you passed to Perl, would you?

I hit the same problem this morning and I am interested in a solution
if any perl guru can provide it.

Who did implement perl sfio support in the first place?

Olga
--
     { \/`o;====-    Olga Kryzhanovska   -====;o`\/ }