develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2010

Perl 5.12.2 strangeness on export...

From:
Alberto Simões
Date:
September 5, 2010 10:58
Subject:
Perl 5.12.2 strangeness on export...
Message ID:
4C83DA48.8000007@alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt
Hello

Sorry for not submitting a bug report right away, but the most probable
is that something changed on perl 5.12.2 that I am not aware of.

I have a module (XML::DT) that uses Exporter, like this:

  use base 'Exporter';
  our @EXPORT = qw(&dt &inctxt &ctxt &mkdtskel &inpath   ...

and in a script, I am using:

  use XML::DT;
  if (inpath('foo')) {...}

and perl complains that inpath is not available:

  Undefined subroutine &main::inpath

But this script with this module version worked well with perl 5.12.1.

Using full qualified function name (XML::DT::inpath), it doesn't work as
well. *BUT* the module has the function there, defined.

Any hint?

TIA, Alberto

PS: just backporting in the next minutes to test the script again with
5.12.1
--
Alberto Simões