develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2010

Re: git strangeness

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
September 2, 2010 20:09
Re: git strangeness
Message ID:
20100903030813.GK429@klangraum
* demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2010-08-21 13:55]:
> Also, I noticed that git-web, or perhaps our config of it, has
> a glitch when using pick-axe. It seems to die in mid processing
> (probably a timeout) and thus returns broken XML/HTML to the
> browser, which in turn inconveniently means that firefox shows
> an XML error and doesn't show the results that it /has/ found.
> Im wondering if there is anything we should do about this?

FWIW, that’s only Mozilla brain-death. The XML spec does not
demand that the app throw away the good part of a failed parse,
and indeed Opera and any WebKit-based browser will show you the
part of the page up to the first parse error – which in your case
is the entire page anyway. (I use Chrome.)

Regards,