Re: mauve::reftype()

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
Re: mauve::reftype()
Message ID:
20100831103809.GA18560@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:57:38AM +0200, demerphq wrote:

> I have pushed a patch to add "fixed" versions of reftype, refaddr and
> blessed to universal.c, additionally
> at jesse's request this includes weaken() (and its relative isweak).
>
> I used the namespace "mauve" for now.

It's still not at all clear to me why we shouldn't just use
Scalar::Util.

It's not as if:
  * 'use lib' happens a lot, so the performance hit is unimportant;
  * users have complained about having to use Scalar::Util
    and wouldn't complain about having to 'use mauve' instead

    It's my experience that neither users nor customers can articulate
    what it is they want, nor can they evaluate it when they see it
        -- Alan Cooper