Re: mauve::reftype()

From:
Zsbán Ambrus
Date:
Re: mauve::reftype()
Message ID:
AANLkTikAHmVrWxJ1_xKGUKPJWY0KCfm1n_QrxTXQbDEe@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> We weren't convinced that it was viable to change the behaviour of
> well used Scalar::Util functions this late in the game.

Meanwhile, if we want to introduce functions with changed semantics,
could we finally have a reftype that does away with the
REF/GLOB/LVALUE/whatever madness and just returns SCALAR for any
scalar, independent of what value it has?  The precise invariant I'd
like is that refaddr($x) remains constant when you assign to $$x but
not to $x.

Ambrus