[perl #77416] The new ext/Errno/Errno_pm.PL in 5.13.4 tarball generates a bad Errno.pm

From:
Curtis Jewell
Date:
August 25, 2010 00:33
Subject:
[perl #77416] The new ext/Errno/Errno_pm.PL in 5.13.4 tarball generates a bad Errno.pm
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-5116-1282672196-1897.77416-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Curtis Jewell
# Please include the string:  [perl #77416]

Attached is what I get, (but applicable portion is below,) and it spews
output like this:

Bareword "ExpoOffload" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
C:/SBPTest/perl/lib/Errno.pm line 22.
Bareword "OffloadModExpo" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
C:/SBPTest/perl/lib/Errno.pm line 22.

After that, it bails in the compilation step, of course, so lots of
perl's tests fail.

Would like to discuss possible solutions (maybe filter anything out that
is !is_a_number() for a value before printing out that hash?)

This is with the compiler and headers in the 32-bit "gcc4" compiler that
Strawberry uses (the compiler included in Strawberry Perl 5.12.x)

If there is anything you need to see, let me know.

--------- Portion of generated Errno.pm, full output file attached.

our $VERSION = "1.12";
$VERSION = eval $VERSION;
our @ISA = 'Exporter';

my %err;

BEGIN {
    %err = (
	ENUM_REGISTRY_SETTINGS => -2,
	EXCEPTION_CONTINUE_EXECUTION => -1,
	ENUM_CURRENT_SETTINGS => -1,
	EMBDHLP_INPROC_HANDLER => 0,
	EXPO_OFFLOAD_REG_VALUE => ExpoOffload,
	ELF_VERSION => 0,
	EVENTLOG_FULL_INFO => 0,
	EWX_LOGOFF => 0,
	ERROR_SUCCESS => 0,
	EXPO_OFFLOAD_FUNC_NAME => OffloadModExpo,

--Curtis Jewell
--
Curtis Jewell
csjewell@cpan.org           http://csjewell.dreamwidth.org/

"Your random numbers are not that random" -- perl-5.10.1.tar.gz/util.c

Strawberry Perl for Windows betas: http://strawberryperl.com/beta/