Re: [perl #75176] Symbol::delete_package does not free certainmemory associated with package::ISA

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
Re: [perl #75176] Symbol::delete_package does not free certainmemory associated with package::ISA
Message ID:
20100823115020.GC5440@iabyn.com
On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:11:27PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2010, at 9:47 AM, Dave Mitchell wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 12:22:13PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos wrote:
> >> If you are suggesting adding new fields to the xpvhv_aux struct, what do
> >> I need to know about alignment issues?
> >>
> >> (After doing some research, it now looks as though I just need one more
> >> field; viz., a HEK* to store an alternate name.)
> >
> > Note that hv_clear and hv_undef may remove the aux struct, so you may not
> > be able to rely on it always remaining.
>
> What happens to the name currently stored in there when that happens?

See S_hfreeentries: it special-cases adding name back at the end.

--
Wesley Crusher gets beaten up by his classmates for being a smarmy git,
and consequently has a go at making some friends of his own age for a