Re: 5.12.2 - we're 2-3 weeks out and I need your help.

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
Re: 5.12.2 - we're 2-3 weeks out and I need your help.
Message ID:
20100822012249.GZ19167@fsck.bestpractical.com

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 03:15:29PM -0500, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Jesse Vincent <jesse@fsck.com> wrote:
> > Just as a heads up, I'm running a little behind where I wanted to be on
> > 5.12.2. Since rafl is pushing out the latest blead release this weekend,
> > I've opted to hang on another couple days before I bump the version,
> > merge in corelist and push out an RC0. With luck, that will be Monday,
> > August 23.
>
> By my count there are 23 patches in cherrymaint that are marked as
> approved but not yet cherry-picked.  Are you suggesting that we hurry
> up and pick them or that we chill out and only take additional patches
> from blead on a case-by-case basis with your approval?

I'd advocate a middle strategy - if you're up for writing the perldelta
for anything that's +3-to-cherrypick, please feel free to do so until I
ask folks to stop for final integration. I'm away for the weekend, so
not actively doing release prep. Further integrations are still ok.