Re: [perl #76138] perl inadvertently destroys signal handlers asof f746176000

From:
Jesse Vincent
Date:
Re: [perl #76138] perl inadvertently destroys signal handlers asof f746176000
Message ID:
20100809181303.GM26732@fsck.bestpractical.com

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 12:03:33PM +0200, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> On 1 August 2010 21:08, Father Chrysostomos <sprout@cpan.org> wrote:
> > I could fix this either by making the %SIG initialisation less destructive (have it check whether each elem exists before assigning undef). Or I could stop all this magic from leaking into packages other than main (except for %OVERLOAD, etc.), breaking the JAPH above. Which is preferable?
> >

> I'd favor the second one, since unqualified %SIG is forced into main:: anyway.

I'm a little bit concerned about breaking that bit of bugward
compatibility, but if we're going to do it, it would make sense to try
it earlier (nowish) in the blead cycle and step it back than to wait
until the last minute.

Other comments from the peanut gallery?