Re: How do i compile blead without DEBUGGING?

From:
George Greer
Date:
Re: How do i compile blead without DEBUGGING?
Message ID:
alpine.LFD.2.00.1008030750230.30214@ein.m-l.org
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
[...]
> I see no debugging in there
>
> as described in INSTALL
>
> =item -DEBUGGING=none
>
> =item -UDEBUGGING
>
> Removes -g from optimize, and -DDEBUGGING from ccflags.
>
> If it doesn't, it is a bug in Configure I have to fix.
>
> I did read the rest of the thread and am still not seeing what should
> be changed

The complaint is:

$ ./Configure -des -Doptimize=-g -Dusedevel && grep cflags config.sh
[...]
ccflags='-DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector
-I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64'

-Doptimize=-g turning on DEBUGGING is surprising, and not documented.

--
George Greer