Re: 5.12.2 - we're 2-3 weeks out and I need your help.

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
Re: 5.12.2 - we're 2-3 weeks out and I need your help.
Message ID:
AANLkTikPKQO4VtVdB6WRTZz7KFyzxNjKHXcNkRDcFW3h@mail.gmail.com
2010/8/1 David Golden <xdaveg@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
>> If the David's latest Module::Build fixes (for windows and cygwin) will not
>> make it in, I will not prepare a cygwin 5.12 package at all and rather
>> concentrate on 5.14. I skipped 5.12.0 and 5.12.1 on purpose.
>> And this M::B is still not in blead. It fixes performance nightmare which I
>> wanted to fix in PathTools, but also fixes it in M::B, and this is enough.
>
> I don't think M::B is ready to go into maint.  I would like it go to
> into blead "soon" after there is more field testing on CPAN.
>
> That said, I see no reason (other than the work involved) why A cygwin
> package of 5.12 couldn't include M::B from CPAN.  This is essentially
> the Strawberry Perl approach -- it's a "vanilla" perl supplemented
> with modules from CPAN that make things sane on Win32.

My official cygwin perl packages contain the necessary fixes since years.
It's just for the poor user who builds from source and blames perl.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/           http://murbreak.at/