Re: 5.12.2 - we're 2-3 weeks out and I need your help.

From:
David Golden
Date:
Re: 5.12.2 - we're 2-3 weeks out and I need your help.
Message ID:
AANLkTi=opPE91cjWNi9aO1P_tKm3-ag7BzfrRqiznMBy@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
> If the David's latest Module::Build fixes (for windows and cygwin) will not
> make it in, I will not prepare a cygwin 5.12 package at all and rather
> concentrate on 5.14. I skipped 5.12.0 and 5.12.1 on purpose.
> And this M::B is still not in blead. It fixes performance nightmare which I
> wanted to fix in PathTools, but also fixes it in M::B, and this is enough.

I don't think M::B is ready to go into maint.  I would like it go to
into blead "soon" after there is more field testing on CPAN.

That said, I see no reason (other than the work involved) why A cygwin
package of 5.12 couldn't include M::B from CPAN.  This is essentially
the Strawberry Perl approach -- it's a "vanilla" perl supplemented
with modules from CPAN that make things sane on Win32.

-- David