develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2010

Re: 5.12.2 - we're 2-3 weeks out and I need your help.

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
Re: 5.12.2 - we're 2-3 weeks out and I need your help.
Message ID:
4C54769E.5090704@x-ray.at
Jesse Vincent schrieb:
> I know that some cherrypicking for 5.12.2 has already happened, but it
> would be incredibly useful to me if you (anyone reading this mail) would
> spend a couple minutes looking at bugs and commits since 5.12.1 to see
> what ought to get backported to 5.12.2 or really MUST be fixed before we
> ship 5.12.2.
>
> If you're a committer and can spend time with cherrymaint, that'd be
> great.  If you're not a committer or would prefer not to do this with
> cherrymaint, please reply to this message with rt.perl.org ticket
> numbers or commit ids from blead.

If the David's latest Module::Build fixes (for windows and cygwin) will
not make it in, I will not prepare a cygwin 5.12 package at all and
rather concentrate on 5.14. I skipped 5.12.0 and 5.12.1 on purpose.
And this M::B is still not in blead. It fixes performance nightmare
which I wanted to fix in PathTools, but also fixes it in M::B, and this
is enough.

5.14 looks like a much nicer target anyway.
Our p5p release cycle is too short to expect maintainers to update
all their packages in time anyway. Getting timely perl-5.10 and
python-2.6 updates was a few months work.
--
Reini Urban