develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2010

Re: MG slabs?

From:
Vincent Pit
Date:
Re: MG slabs?
Message ID:
4C438829.2060107@profvince.com

> Now then, magic is currently attached to SVs using linked lists, and magic
> is attached to lots of SVs for lots of trivial reasons: taint, pos, etc.

At some time, there was the idea of reimplementing taintedness as a sv
flag floating into the air. But nobody dared to try it.

Otherwise, the idea is interesting, even if I don't know if magic is
used that enough to be really a hot spot to optimize. That is, besides
tainting and tieing.

Vincent.